David Moyes expects more from Rooney after the goal is reached No. 200 with United



Wayne Rooney shook the net twice in the face Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League football on Tuesday to take his tally to 200 goals with Manchester United who new coach David Moyes is believed that his player can become one of the best strikers in the club's history.
There were questions about the commitment of Rooney with United after not participating in important matches last season under former coach Alex Ferguson, who made the striker, plays a role in midfield, while the Dutch took over the task of Robin van Persie to score goals for the team.
Rooney occupies fourth place in United's top scorer through the ages and spearheaded by Bobby Charlton with 249 goals, followed by Denis Law has 237 goals and then Jack Rowley with 211 goals, but Moyes believes that the England striker can deliver more than this.
Moyes said in a news conference, "I remember my presence here and I say that he has a real chance to become the top scorer in the club throughout its history and I tell you that if he continued to play as he did tonight, he will reach that goal."
In addition to the busy reception from united fans it seemed to trust placed by Moyes the midfielder lifted the morale of Rooney and elevated his performance.
Ferguson had said in May that Rooney wants to leave the club which raised speculation about the future of the player in the summer and try to Chelsea under Coach Jose Mourinho to sign him.
Rooney said after United's 4-2 win over Leverkusen at the beginning of the journey the team Champions "I will put my focus on football as I has done throughout the summer. I have made an effort and I put my focus on football."
Rooney added "The crowd here was fantastic with me and that I have the reception here is fantastic. I Wish to respond to this purposes and offers like tonight."
It was Rooney's the best player in the game that tied the United goalless with Chelsea in the Premier League last month and scored from a free kick to lead the team to win 2 - zero at Crystal Palace on Saturday before the rise his performance to new levels against Leverkusen.
Rooney opened the scoring for United in the middle of the first half, and then added a third goal to take his tally to 200 with the goal of making the team and then the fourth goal with a neat pass to Antonio Valencia.
Rooney said, "This is something I am proud strongly and I am happy to score 200 goals with a team like Manchester United and I hope to achieve more."
Also Rooney (27 years) occupies second place in the list of United's Champions League scoring charts with 30 goals, a difference of eight goals behind Ruud van Nistelrooy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be selfish